Brad Metzger Restaurant Solutions
Executive Sous Chef – Premier Catering Firm Central Valley CA
Salary: $90000 – $110000
The preeminent caterer for Central Valley is seeking a talented special events expert! This role supports the longtime Executive Chef in menu updates, executing large scale events (both on and off site), training and mentoring their team. **Great benefits (including 401k + matching) and relocation available!**
- Hire, and oversee the training and development of new culinary team members
- Manage the day-to-day culinary team with a hand-on approach.
- Menu development and creative food styling for plated meals, buffet, and tray-passed items.
- Work with Executive Chef on menu development, costing, sourcing, and maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Collaborate with Sales Department on special menus and client tastings
- Oversee the sanitation standards of all kitchens to assure compliance with local health department standards and company standards.
- Oversee the preparation kitchen to ensure consistent food quality and presentation.
- Oversee and execute catered events of up to 5,000 guests.
- Assist with operational logistics, including pack-outs, on-site set up, transportation scheduling, and staff scheduling
- Cross-train those within the department while encouraging, reinforcing, and supporting your peers and team.
- Must communicate and work closely with Executive Chef and managing partners.
- Minimum 3 years as a Sous Chef in high-volume catering industry or banquet operations (Catering Chef, Banquet Chef, or Executive Catering Chef experience a plus!)
- Proven track record in improving kitchen efficiencies, quality, food, and labor costs.
- Must have excellent managerial, financial analysis, team building and communication skills/customer service.
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to learn new programs and procedures quickly.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- PTO plan