Brad Metzger Restaurant Solutions
Human Resources Manager Los Angeles CA
Salary: $80000 – $85000
Prominent restaurant collective is seeking a versatile HR Manager to work closely with the VP of Human Resources out of their corporate office. This is a multifaceted, operations focused role that will lead and support the execution of Onboarding, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Relations, and Benefits Administration across all restaurants within the collective, as well as manage and partner with their third-party payroll administrator. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, and preferably has a strong knowledge and understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws. Candidate must possess the ability to work with individuals across all levels of the organization in order to successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions. Spanish speaking is a requirement for this role.
• Develop and lead the implementation of projects aimed to streamline organizational structures, roles, and/or processes that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
• Analyze and audit organizational performance, determine talent gaps and propose strategic solutions that support company’s business objectives.
• Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to directors and management teams (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and support with Employee Relations issues as needed.
• Plan and facilitate training opportunities for leaders to support the development of business strategies that improve organizational design, change management, and align with company vision, value, and business objectives.
• Leverage rigorous workforce analytics and insights to support the development and execution of a more efficient, streamlined approach to talent management, focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, and career and succession planning.
• Work closely with directors, managers, and employees to improve relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Collaborate with recruitment and lead initiatives focused on acquiring and retaining top talent and developing a strong talent pipeline for future organizational needs.
• Influence management teams to take a near and long-term view on engaging in key talent processes including talent review, succession planning, leadership development, and talent assessment.
• Develop and implement thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote key Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, and partner with company leaders to monitor the ongoing success of these programs.
• Evaluate employee training and development needs and advise on effective strategies to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
• Responsible for managing workers’ compensation claims for all restaurants within the collective; serve as main point of contact for employees.
• Manage and partner with third-party payroll administrator.
• Ensures safety, legal, and compliance standards are met at all restaurants within the collective by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements.
• Responsible for driving awareness and adoption of company benefit offerings; leads benefit administration.
• Will be responsible for rollout of new companywide 401k offering beginning July 1.
• Support VP of Human Resources with special projects as needed.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 2+ years’ experience in Human Resources; strong HR background and true generalist experience highly preferred
• 1+ year experience assisting Payroll department or strong understanding of Payroll operations and processes
• Strong working knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
• Spanish speaking is required
• Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships
• Excellent consulting and conflict management skills
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated experience working as a trusted advisor and handling sensitive/confidential information with utmost integrity
• Strong use of independent judgment to identify and anticipate organizational needs and make recommendations for implementation
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities with grace and efficiency
• Experience with or ability to quickly master HRIS systems; prior Paylocity experience a huge plus
• Flexible to handle occasional critical employee issues that may arise after regular work hours (evenings, weekends, etc.)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel
• Prior experience working in a corporate office environment preferred
• College Degree preferred
Compensation, Benefits & Additional Perks:
• Competitive base salary
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Monthly dining allowance; 30% discount at all restaurants within the collective
• Work schedule: Monday – Friday