Brad Metzger Restaurant Solutions
Head of Bakery Production – Artisanal Breads & Pastries Los Angeles CA
Salary: $ – $
Passionate about artisanal and organic bread? A progressive Los Angeles group is bringing on board a Head of Bakery Production to lead their team as they scale to the next level of business. This role will wrap their arms around the operation, managing the production facility as well as guiding recipe development. All while maintaining the core ethos of great tasting breads & pastries using the highest quality ingredients.
- Manage all facets of production operations, including and food safety standards
- Delegate efficiently to chefs that report up to this role
- Develop new recipes (R&D) using the systems in place, but also making recommendations on ways to improve
- Oversee team, including production scheduling, new team member training, and employee relations
- Ensure all orders are going on out in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Quality control for all departments
- Supervise that all administrative functions are correctly executed (ordering, inventory, etc)
- Past background as Head Baker, Executive Pastry Chef, Culinary Director of an artisan bread-based business, or similar role of a large scale operation
- Extensive background in bread and baking required
- High volume experience is highly preferred
- Knowledgeable in organic and artisan baking
- Ideally have US management experience; California experience a plus!
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literate able to operate standard computer programs such as Word, Excel, and similar
Very competitive pay + benefits.