Brad Metzger Restaurant Solutions
Head Baker – Established Restaurant & Bakery Los Angeles CA
Salary: $90000 – $115000
Established Restaurant and Bakery is seeking a Head Baker to assist in the commissary with creation, production and execution of breakfast pastries, breads and desserts.
Head Baker Responsibilities:
- The creation, production and execution of Croissants, Danish, Turnovers, Brioche, Brunettes, Cinnamon Rolls, Kouign Amann, Monkey Bread, Beignets, Zeppoli, Baguettes, Epi Bread, Pretzels, Walnut Raisin Bread, Quiche and Cookies
- Assisting the Executive Pastry Chef to oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the Pastry Kitchen and its staff.
- Ensuring that all bakery items are prepared to our specifications and standards in a timely manner.
- Working with the Executive Pastry Chef to review product offerings, improve product quality and develop new items on a seasonal basis.
- Improving food cost by strict adherence to recipes and procedures, minimizing waste and sourcing superior product at lower cost.
- Minimizing labor cost through efficient scheduling and monitoring of staff.
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Training, coaching and developing staff to achieve our standards of excellence on a consistent basis.
- Monitoring the performance of staff at all times through a series of checklists designed to maintain our standards of consistency and compliance.
- Creating a positive work environment through effective communication and care for our staff.
Head Baker Requirements:
- A minimum of five years of experience as a Head Baker / Viennoiserie in a world class bakery.
- The ability to produce a wide range of breads and European style pastries.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of fermentation, lamination, proofing and folding techniques.
- A knowledge of math and science as it pertains to baking and Viennoiserie production.
- Experience operating a sheeter, mixer, proofer and industrial baking ovens in addition to all bakery equipment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce bakery items to exacting specifications in a timely manner.
- The flexibility to take direction and learn from exceptionally talented and experienced Executive Pastry Chef.
- The ability to train and develop a team of bakers.
- The ability to create recipes and builds.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The availability to arrive to work at 2:00am, work 10 12 hours/day, including weekends and holidays.
- A valid food handlers sanitation certification
- The capacity to maintain a consistent pace throughout your shift to meet deadlines for product deliveries.
- The ability to sit, stand, stoop, reach and walk. Must be able to work extended periods of time on your feet and be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- PTO plan
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.