Brad Metzger Restaurant Solutions
Executive Chef – Premier Boutique Catering Los Angeles CA
Salary: $95000 – $120000
Top-tier catering and events company is seeking an Executive Chef to lead the Catering culinary team and execute high end events. The company offers delicious, innovative, and unique flavors to ensure a memorable guest experience. Experience with scratch cooking is a must – and high end off-site catering strongly preferred!
- Hire, and oversee the training and development of new culinary team members
- Manage the day-to-day culinary team with a hand-on approach.
- Menu development and creative food styling for plated meals, buffet, and tray-passed items.
- Work with Executive Chef on menu development, costing, sourcing, and maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Collaborate with Sales Department on special menus and client tastings
- Oversee the sanitation standards of all kitchens to assure compliance with local health department standards and company standards.
- Oversee the preparation kitchen to ensure consistent food quality and presentation.
- Oversee and execute catered events of up to 5,000 guests.
- Assist with operational logistics, including pack-outs, on-site set up, transportation scheduling, and staff scheduling
- Cross-train those within the department while encouraging, reinforcing, and supporting your peers and team.
- Must communicate and work closely with Executive Chef and managing partners.
- Minimum 3 years as an Executive Chef in high-volume catering industry.
- Proven track record in improving kitchen efficiencies, quality, food, and labor costs.
- Must have excellent managerial, financial analysis, team building and communication skills/customer service.
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to learn new programs and procedures quickly.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Competitive base salary
- Medical insurance
- PTO plan