Brad Metzger Restaurant Solutions
Chef de Cuisine – Celebrated Group Ojai CA
Salary: $75000 – $80000
An exciting and unique opportunity to join a renowned multi-unit restaurant group as the Chef de Cuisine of their newest concept in Ojai. This charming eatery offers a fresh, artisanal bakery & café for breakfast and lunch, with full dinner service in the evenings. This is role is perfect for a genuine and passionate leader who is ready for a change of pace in a beautiful location!
Chef de Cuisine Responsibilities:
- Be a team player, and find ways to serve the team
- Communicate clearly and effectively with other members of the team.
- Lead by example, working quickly and efficiently, respecting the ingredients and fellow teammates.
- Oversee prep list is completed efficiently and according to the standard of the chef. Also ensure proper cooling of the prepped food items.
- Make sure that proper sanitation is being practiced and maintained throughout the kitchen.
- Help prepare the PM prep list as well as the AM prep list for the following day.
- Review future Events and prepare items in advance.
- Oversee PM deep cleaning projects to make sure they are done on time and to a high standard.
- Manage the kitchen maintenance calendars and make sure all equipment is serviced properly. Record all service in the R&M log.
- Assist with AM/PM prep list to allow the team to operate quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure that food is not wasted and that surplus/aging product is utilized.
Chef de Cuisine Preferred Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position (Senior Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef, CDC, Executive Chef)
- High level plating skills are a must
- Opening experience is a plus
- Love for unique, quality ingredients
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Creative, innovative thinking and ability to introduce new ideas
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health, and safety
- Experience in managing inventory and cost controls
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, and on holidays
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical insurance 100% covered
- PTO plan
- Continued education stipend
- Cell phone reimbursement