Brad Metzger Restaurant Solutions
Catering Executive Chef – Michelin-Starred Group Los Angeles CA
Salary: $100000 – $125000
Michelin-Starred Group is seeking an Executive Chef to lead the Catering culinary team and execute high end events. The company offers delicious, innovative, and unique flavors to ensure a memorable guest experience. Experience with scratch cooking is a must – and high end off-site catering strongly preferred!
- Hire, and oversee the training and development of new culinary team members
- Manage the day-to-day culinary team with a hand-on approach.
- Menu development and creative food styling for plated meals, buffet, and tray-passed items.
- Collaborate with Sales Department on special menus and client tastings
- Oversee the sanitation standards of all kitchens to assure compliance with local health department standards and company standards.
- Oversee the preparation kitchen to ensure consistent food quality and presentation.
- Assist with operational logistics, including pack-outs, on-site set up, transportation scheduling, and staff scheduling
- Cross-train those within the department while encouraging, reinforcing, and supporting your peers and team.
- Minimum 3 years as an Executive Chef in high-volume catering industry.
- Proven track record in improving kitchen efficiencies, quality, food, and labor costs.
- Must have excellent managerial, financial analysis, team building and communication skills/customer service.
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to learn new programs and procedures quickly.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Competitive base salary
- Medical insurance
- PTO plan